Monday, February 7, 2011

Because I Actually Know People Like This-Maybe You Do Too.

Because You'll Like This

Now I don't know about you, but in my high school applying to college and discussing where you were applying was probably one of the worst things ever. Because I went to a very competitive prep school, its a miracle that I did not turn out to be someone who felt the need to go to "the right"Ivy League school  if I wanted to ever have a chance at anything at life. This was in fact the case for many of my peers. And while I sat back and stressed out about my own anxiety over which schools would accept me, I did not have to worry about meeting anyones standards/ expectations but my own. If you are like me and know plenty of people who would have given a right arm and a leg to go to Yale than you will find this extremely accurate. If you can't relate you may find it to be rude and disrespectful, but for the most part if you know anyone who needed to be in an Ivy League school this should make you laugh. Sadly enough I know people who were not satisfied with getting into Dartmouth and who wanted to get into Yale. Honestly, lets be real here- going to any Ivy league school is nice enough that it is ridiculous for people to become so bratty about what "types" of students are there. This video shows the reality/mentality of certain people who decide to let where they go to college or where they don't go define them. Harvard, Yale, Brown, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, blah blah blah. They are all the same at the end of the day, unless you are like these kids in this video.

PS. The group in this video is a joke, but they did actually pretend to be an established group at the student club fair, so people really believed this.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, sorta. I went to a public school but among the "honors" students, colleges were a big deal. I was one of those kids who only wanted to get into the best of the best in a different way. I applied to all the best L.A. schools (Colby, Bowdoin etc) and was CRUSHED when I didn't get into my top choices. But looking back I realize how stupid it was to fret about that stuff because no matter where you end up education is what you make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand their disappointment. Dartmouth sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha hilarious! a group of my friends got into ivy league schools and called themselves the "ivy's" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is humorous and clever! there are so many people like this and its getting to be ridiculous! i saw the film "race to nowhere" last week and it was about, among other things, the crazy pressure to go to the best school instead of the right one for you.

    ReplyDelete